My background and degrees are in Art Education and Supervision. Having a deep and lifelong involvement in the visual arts has afforded me a deeply centered understanding in a variety of media and processes.
I really do create with multiple-mediums and processes with emphasis on painting, ceramics & printmaking. Such a delite to be able to become immersed in these varied yet similar art forms.
I do concentrate on each as much as possible so I am always imagining and planning the next exploration.
Presently I am actively creating art work and showing in area venues and galleries. My art pieces are original paintings in Oils or Acrylics; Plein Air works in oils and pastel; Designs for variety of projects; Printmaking with linocuts, etchings, silkscreen, monotypes, lithos; Digital Photography; En Plein Air painting; Ceramic art and pottery.
I have a degree in art education from NJCU, a State Scholar, with a B.A. Art Education K-12;
a Masters degree from Kean University in Ed. Admin. ; and computer animation courses from Pratt Institute, Manhattan.
I have taught for four decades. I began my teaching in various Elementary Schools in Bayonne, and Long Branch, NJ. That lasted for 13 years. I transferred and spent close to three decades at Bayonne high school where I taught art development classes, ceramics, and arts and crafts from beginners to Advanced levels. I wrote syllabus for both Art Hist and Studio AP college level art courses as well as painting evening classes for adult ed.programs.
Some past Honors and Societies were: Alpha Phi Omega; Who's Who in America, 1994, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2007 etc. and even to the present time.
Several current non-profit Associations and memberships I am currently involved are New Hope Art League, New Hope, PA; Artsbridge, Stockton, NJ; Frontline- formally Printmaking Center of NJ, Branchburg, NJ., AOY-Artists of Yardley, Morrisville, PA, AOB, Artists of Bristol, PA, A&C Council of Buck’s County, PA, and most recently Historic Yellow Springs, Chester Springs, PA.
I have also had the experience of managing non-profit art gallery business and Board Membership as well as curating duties.
I have extensive experience & knowledge of art portfolio development and art history analysis and consulted in art developmental programs & similar business ventures relevant to my social and educational interests.
Presently I am the Master of my own ship and thoroughly enjoy the company of my peers as I continue to be immersed in my chosen vocation and enjoy the freedom it avails me these days.
We all can attest to the natural beauty of nature. It is part of us . We see It. We feel it . It awakens our senses. How the artist focuses on its many qualities is unique to each. Nature is prevalent in everything and the life source to all living things.
Some Past Exhibitions; Art Communities & Recognized Achievements.
* 2015- 2021- Artsbridge Members Show;
* “A Week in the Life of Bucks County”Juried Show at Rich Timmons Fine Art Gallery, Doylestown, PA. 2 Photographs were accepted, one selected First Place - 'Golden Sky'.
* 2014- 2018-Tinicum Arts Festival #65
* Artsbridge Members Show at Prallsville Mill, Stockton, NJ;
* '4th Annual International Print Exchange' at Printmaking Center of New Jersey, Branchburg, NJ.; * * * * PCNJ Member Exhibition, 'The Realm of All Possibilities' Juror: Shelley Thorstensen.
* 'F.O.D.C' Art Show 2013 at the Rolling Green Barn, New Hope, PA
* “'Healing Art Works” donated art for victims of Boston Marathon bombings, to One Fund Boston.; * * * Tinicum Arts Festival-#64;
* ‘Tuxedo' at The Gallery at Lower Bucks Campus- BCCC 2013- New Hope Art League-
* 'Small Works' at the Upstairs Gallery, Peddler's Village- Lahaska, PA;
* 'Mixing Palettes' paint off exhibition- plein-air - Vista Room Gallery -Old York Winery, Ringoes, NJ * * *’New Hope 2013 Juried Art Show' at Rolling Green Farm Barn, New Hope, PA;
* 'International Print Exchange'- Printmaking Center of NJ; 'Fresh, Fierce 40!'- 40th Anniversary * * * Member Exhibition, Juried, Printmaking Center of NJ. 2012
* Delaware River Greenway-‘Images of the Delaware River Watershed', Prallsville Mills, Stockton,NJ
* Stover Mill Gallery- 'Celebrating the Delaware Valley'-(juried);
*. 63rd Tinicum Arts Festival - Barn Exhibit. 2011
* 62nd Annual Tinicum Arts Festival,Tinicum, PA 2004 - April-May:
*. Members Invitational - Gallery 193 - 2003 - April-May:
* Members Invitational - Gallery 193 2002 - June:
* Trinity Church Outdoor Art show- Bayonne, NJ 2001 - 2004- Work represented by Gallery 193 ,
*. Served as a Principal, graphic designer, gallery curator and art educator for non-profit art gallery- Gallery 193 2000-2004 Bayonne NJ.
* 2001 - May-June- “Midsummer Nights Dream”- Gallery 193 2001
* “Art Touching Spirit”- Walenburg Monastery, Elizabeth , NJ 2001 - April-May
* “The Nature of Art” - Gallery 193 -2001 - Feb-March-
* “We Support the Arts”, Anniversary Members Invitational 2000 - Nov.- Dec.-“Images of Bayonne” * * * Gallery 193 - Juried 2000 - Sept.- Oct. - “Second members Invitational” - Gala Event - Gallery 193
* Appeared as the “Featured Artist”,my photo in gallery was on cover of “Weekend in Bayonne” a News Magazine with my artwork -“The Circle Game”. 2000 - Sept. 2000.
* Curated and entry in the first “Midsummer Nights Dream” show -June 2000- Gallery 193
* April-May - “The Nature of Art”- Gallery 193 2000
* Feb.-March - Members Invitational - Opening of Gallery 193, Bayonne, NJ 1999
* Oct. - Hudson Artists of NJ, 46th Annual Regional Juried Exhibit :Hon. Mention- Watercolor
* April - WESA Library Show, Bayonne Public Library 1998
* Oct. Hudson Artists 45th Annual Regional Exhibit 1998
* April - WESA Library Show, Bayonne Public Library 1997
* “The Spirit of Art”- First Federated Church - Bayonne, NJ - Dec.1997
* “1st Annual Bayonne Fall Arts Festival” - Sept. 1997 Hudson County Park
* “1st Annual Bayonne Spring Arts Festival”- June - Sidewalk-Horace Mann School. 1994
* Hudson Artists of NJ-41st Regional Juried Show- Oct. 1994-2nd Pl. Sculpture -“Amazing Grace”* * * 1991 - 2009 - March Dates - Faculty-Student-Alumni-Community Art Show.
A Fundraiser for Scholarships to Graduating Art Students which I Originated and organized annually.
I Chaired, Curated, displayed, was the Graphic Designer, Cataloged and Exhibited at Bayonne High School Gallery,which I also established in Multi-Purpose Room of the Community Center in Bayonne, NJ.